• Important Information: In order to be eligible to receive Home Based Services from the PUNS list you must be enrolled in Medicaid!!!


    For more assistance in applying for Medicaid contact Sharon Butterfield at Park Lawn services: 

    Sharon Butterfield, MSW
    7530 W College Dr

    Palos Heights 60463

    Email: sbutterfield@parklawn.com
    Phone: 708-586-7277
    Fax: 708-425-7899

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.
  • Cash, SNAP (Food Stamps) & Medical Assistance


    Use the Application for Benefits Eligibility (ABE) to apply for SNAP, cash or medical assistance - online, anytime.

    Manage Your Benefits Online

    You can use the ABE Manage My Case portal to manage your Medical, SNAP and cash benefits - online, anytime.

    • Check the status of an application
    • Renew benefits Report changes - income, household members, expenses or new address
    • Upload documents
    • View notices and benefit details
    • View and reschedule upcoming appointments
    • File and manage appeals

    Find out more about linking your existing case to ABE Manage My Case (pdf) and review the ABE Customer Guide (pdf) by visiting the ABE Customer Support Center.

    Apply Using a Paper Application

    1. Download the application
    2. Follow the directions on the form. Type in as much information as you can. If you can't answer all the questions, that's ok. You must include your name and address. You may print out the application and write on it if you prefer. You must sign the form.
    3. Once you've completed the application, carry, mail or fax it to your local Family Community Resource Center. Use the DHS Office Locator to locate your local office.

    Apply At Your local Family Community Resource Center


    • Applications are taken at DHS local offices. Use the DHS Office Locator to locate the Family Community Resource Center in your county to apply for benefits


    • What happens next?

    The application process begins the day your DHS office receives your signed application. You will be asked to come to the office for an interview or participate by phone if you are unable to come to the office.

    You will be asked for various types of documents such as:

    • proof of your identity
    • proof of your residence
    • proof of Social Security numbers for all people on your application
    • other types of documents depending on your circumstances.

    The DHS caseworker will tell you what you need to bring. 

    Contact Information

    Need Help with an Application

    Please call our toll-free line at 1-800-843-6154 (Voice), Nextalk 1-800-324-5553, 711 TTY Relay, if you have questions or need help with the application.

    Other Contacts

    DHS, USDA, and HHS are equal opportunity providers and employers.

    • Department of Human Services
      EEO/AA Office
      401 S. Clinton Street, 7th floor
      Chicago, IL 60607
    • U.S. Department of Agriculture
      Director, Office of Adjudication
      1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.
      Washington D.C. 20250-9410 
      Toll Free (866) 632-9992 (Voice)
      Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities
      may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at
      (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).
    • U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
      Director, Office for Civil Rights,
      Room 506-F
      HHS Building
      200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
      Washington, D.C. 20201
      (202) 619-0403 (Voice)
      (202) 619-3257 (TTY)

    USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

    SNAP and FDPIR State or local agencies, and their sub recipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement:

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,

    color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State of Illinois Department of Human Services) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    (1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

    1400 Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

    (2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

    (3) Email: program.intake@usda.gov.

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

    Additional Illinois Nondiscrimination Information

    You may also write the Department of Human Services (IDHS) at Department of Human Services, Bureau of Civil Affairs, 401 South Clinton St., 6th Floor, Chicago, Illinois, 60607 or call the IDHS Helpline Number at 1-800-843-6154 or 866-324-5553 TTY/Nextalk or 711 Relay.

    DHS, HHS, and USDA are equal opportunity providers and employers.

    The State of Illinois provides reasonable accommodations according to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.

    More Information & Resources